Miru Kim



When I grow up, I want to be Miru Kim. 

No seriously, I can't help but admire her. She was born in Massachusetts, raised in Seoul and did premed at Columbia U. And then she decided to pursue photography and get an MFA. She's soft-spoken but explores abondoned buildings, railroads, industrial sites, and the like, taking pictures of herself, nude. She has a huge collection of these nude self-portraits, called Naked City Spleen. As described by David Schonauer of PopPhoto.com, "Miru Kim is the shyest person you'll ever meet who also happens to take her clothes off in public places." 
And I am totally in love with her art.

5 comments:

WaitingForGodot said...

o_O

Also, isn't that kind of dangerous?

frostedlilies said...

Oh, wow.

I just watched her entire TED talk. I'm so impressed. That sounds like such an incredible and fulfilling life.

I think my favorite is this one: http://www.mirukim.com/nakedcityspleen/images/croton1.jpg. It's beautiful.

And the one with all the bones? Holy moly, she's so brave.

I'm a fan.

Tim said...

haha i checked a bit of it out
im not sure i'll ever be able to understand the art of photography
it befuddles me oftentimes
music i understand
photography not so much

jennypwns said...

luke...
i hope you don't ummm
take nude shots of yourself x_x

jennypwns said...

http://www.mirukim.com/nakedcityspleen/stjacques.html

http://www.mirukim.com/nakedcityspleen/tyburn.html

^
my favs~

Post a Comment

 

The Obscure Aperture Design by Insight © 2009