Summary of my 2009 in imaginary tweets.
School. Junior year. Papers unwritten, then hours unslept. On a winter morning, bed is warm; the room's air, freezing. Cold draft near feet.
Competitions: biologyphysicsmathwritingConrad, and school. Always school. And friends. Oh cool. Friends.
Glimpses: college and college classes and college eateries and college problemsets and college professors and college campuses: I wanted.
End of school. Almost. Long sunny afternoons begging for summer. Friends beckoning. (2nd sem! though for a junior) No work...until midnight.
Start of meandering hours drifting into days and nights of driving, laughter, adventure, Dota, the smell of sun on my nose. Too ideal to be.
Real. world. Research and medicine and SCIENCE. Oh, science, you sweet thing. Loving mentors, a happy companion, and work. So grown up. grin
Flashes of dreamlike interludes; blithe travels again intermittent. Unreal mountaintops and surreal city sounds. Just a little longer please
To be a student again? Frustrating. And competition is seeing yourself 20 yards behind. Preparation for a different 'real world.' Damn.
Presenting myself to be judged; makeup slathered on, errant ways behind me. Toiling to express the pure, but hindered by expectations.
"Done"--what a lie. I'm never done; it's never done. "Done" is finality. I am trepidation (tentative). Waiting for the train; it's important
Resolved this time to mold myself into what I need to be. No fantasies. No more crossing fingers. What will happen will happen. I am action.

5 comments:
My favorite lines:
"the smell of sun on my nose"
"Too ideal to be."
"Oh, science, you sweet thing."
"Resolved this time to mold myself into what I need to be. No fantasies. No more crossing fingers. What will happen will happen."
is so true.
"... and school. Always school."
Not for long though. Can you believe it?
=] These were a joy to read.
i agree with ved
Post a Comment