I’ve already spent three weeks in college senior year now, so I think it’s time for a blog post on it!
*copying Chris’s format*
---------------------------------------------------------
Classes:
I love my classes! The only caveat is that unfortunately, I wasn’t able to get a schedule that would allow me to get up at noon each day and have Fridays off. Instead, I have to get up at 7:15 each day, and somehow, I have classes every single day of the week. This is just as bad as high school!
The good news is that most of my professors are great. And the professors who aren’t great have really easy classes in which I can check my email and do other productive things. Also, none of the classes have more than 40 people in them! No huge lecture halls with impersonal professors! I really like the learning style that comes with small class sizes, so that’s good.
Also, I’m taking photography this semester. I had always told myself that I would take an art-related class in college senior year, and I am really glad that I followed through with that promise. Photography class is like a proverbial breath of fresh air. No grades, no pressure, just art! ^ ^
Textbooks:
I found a way to rent my textbooks for free. Pretty cool, eh?
Social Life:
I actually haven’t been to any parties yet, nor have I had any alcohol. I’ve met a lot of new people though, and they’re all pretty cool. And even though I’ve been bumping into a lot of TJ people here, I still miss all of you who aren't here in NoVa >O
Dorm:
I have a verrrry spacious single. Seriously, you will be totally envious of how much space I have.
I kind of wish I had a roommate though. But it’s okay; I’ll have one next year. Oh and the worst thing about my dorm is that it’s off campus, so the commute to classes is really annoying.
Applying to transfer:
I really want to transfer go to Stanford next year.
Activities:
I’m still doing math team and Bio Olympiad Club. I know, boring, right? But I’m also trying out some different stuff, like science Olympiad (it’s a new club).
Food, health, etc:
The food here is awesome! They have legit Chinese food—not fake American Chinese food. It tastes just like what my parents cook. And I’m showering every day, etc. In other words, I’m doing really well in this department.
----------------------------------------------------
That's all, folks! I'll update you guys as freshman senior year goes on.

11 comments:
Instead, I have to get up at 7:15 each day
My bus comes at 7 =[
Dang your room is big. TWO DESKS? TWO COMPUTERS? It's messy :P
I love this post XD
Lol just one computer Jenny. The second monitor is just a monitor.
Well someone had fun writing this xD
"Instead, I have to get up at 7:15 each day, and somehow, I have classes every single day of the week."
Well if you've seen my schedule, this pretty much applies to me even at college. lol
O_O this is the expression on my face, as i stare listlessly at the photo of your room.
i guess i shouldn't be so hypocritical, since my room doesn't look much better (anymore).
i can't believe that mentally, you're already at college =/ leavinggg me behind! and wow, stanford's so far awayyy, trying to run away from your parents? haha jk.
very nice post. =) Almost as good as your 100-word autobiography.
haha- that made the top of my, most amusing things of the day
xD very cute. Yes, I am jealous. =]
Oh Luke, I love your humor.
GO CARDINAL! (You can room with me when you visit in spring).
interesting post
I'm jealous, I miss TJ D:
lol luke ur hilarious =]
hey, i got a flat screen monitor behind my laptop, too!
LOLOLOLOLOL. LOLOL.
LUKE THIS MADE ME LAUGH FOR LIKE TEN MINUTES STRAIGHT. I LOVE YOU, YOU'RE AMAZING, AHAHAHA.
I'd like to rent my textbooks for free.
Also, Luke, Luke, Luke.
STANFORD??? FOR REAL????
COME TO BOSTON!!!! D: D: D: D: D:
(Read: HARVARD!!!!)
Post a Comment