At about 8:30 p.m., my dad decided that the entire family, minus my mom, who was on call, would go over to Vienna to watch some fireworks. I was excited, because fireworks were pretty, and I wanted to take pictures. So I retrieved my ancient tripod from the closet and eagerly jumped into the car. Since we were late, we couldn't find any parking spots near the designated viewing areas, and my dad, bless his heart, completely ignored me the first five times I said "Oh, we could park here; it's the closest we're gonna get." The end result was that we parked in an elementary school lot that was pretty darn far away from the fireworks. But that was alright, because we could see the fireworks just fine from where we were.

Ever the creeper, I also took a picture of the family sitting next to us. *shifty eyes*

Now for some random fireworks!



The fireworks at the very end of the show were really strange-- they were white, ultra-bright, didn't disperse, and were louder than cannon shot at close range (not really).
Yup, I'm pretty satisfied with my pics. However, I got bitten by mosquitoes a bunch of times--when I got home, I counted a total of eleven (ELEVEN!) huge, swollen bites. It was worth it.
Oh also, as I was writing this post, I suddenly remembered that the fourth of July commemorates some sort of event in our country's history. What was it again?
6 comments:
Independence day? hahaha
It's pretty funny: I'm usually pretty apathetic about patriotism, but I've found that I suddenly become patriotic when I go abroad >_>
i love fireworks
=[
i like the really big and pretty ones in a really dark sky
That's a really good picture of that family next to you. You should hunt them down and show them >_>
Um, wow. So like I am awestruck by your unbelievable photography skill. These pictures are amazing.
Awww, so like it was like the morning of July 4th in China (still July 3rd for you guys) when I realized Independence Day was coming up, and I think this is the first time I've missed it. I was walking along West Lake in Hangzhou, I think, and I smiled and said, "Happy Fourth of July, guys" just to the air, of course you wouldn't have heard me but I wished you all a happy Independence Day anyway. These pictures are so beautiful, nothing of the sort in China's polluted sky.
And I can't believe no one has yet pointed out the elementary school's door number in blatant view in each of these photographs.
aw @ 4th of july in China.
and lulz FIVE!
Post a Comment